Refrigerator Repair San Antonio Texas
From forgotten spills to expired food, your refrigerator may be in need of an intense scrub down. Not only will a good cleaning rid your appliance of any unpleasant odors, but it will also increase its efficiency level. Below we've provided you with a step by step cleaning guide to help you achieve a spotless refrigerator.
- To begin the process, clear out all items and throw away any food that has expired. Starting with a blank slate will enable you to reach every nook and cranny of your fridge.
- Once the appliance is empty, remove its shelves and bins for a good old soak in hot, soapy water. If your kitchen sink isn't big enough, you can use your bathtub or your laundry sink. To soften the dried food covering the surface of the shelves and bins, we suggest leaving them submerged for at least an hour.
- While the shelves and bins are soaking, concentrate on wiping down the inside of your refrigerator. You can either use a store bought all-purpose cleaner, or you can make your own cleaning mixture with vinegar and water. Before finishing up, pay close attention to the appliance's door gasket. Scrub any dirt off the seal and look for cracks or rips in the rubber. If you find any, the gasket will need to be replaced.
- After an hour has passed, using a sponge, wipe down and rinse the shelves and bins. You can either dry the parts off by hand or lay them out to air dry, before placing them back in the refrigerator.
- Now comes the restocking of your fridge. Prior to placing any jars or containers back into your appliance, clean them off with a wet rag, to ensure they won't soil your freshly washed shelves.
- Since the interior of your refrigerator is clean and smelling nice, it’s time to focus on the outside of your appliance. First and foremost, you need to clean the condenser coils. Leaving them dirty will eventually cause a spike in your energy bill, and you'll risk shortening your refrigerator's life expectancy. Once that's done, move on to wiping down the exterior of your appliance. Soapy water and a sponge should do the trick, however if your fridge is stainless steel, you may want to consider using a dab of vinegar to get rid of unsightly fingerprints.
Keeping your appliance clean helps you avoid costly refrigerator repair expenses. If you're concerned with your fridge's performance, please contact us at SoBellas San Antonio Appliance's Repair and we'll be happy to help you.
20403 Encino Ledge #591051
San Antonio, TX 78259